Wednesday, December 29, 2010

And so it begins!

Welcome back Everyone! I hope you all enjoyed a Wonderful Christmas and are still feeling the Joy! Mike and I had a fun-family filled weekend and wouldn't trade it for the world!

If you remember a couple of weeks back I announced that we purchased our first home and as exciting as it is, it's time to start working on the home! Yay! I have been waiting to share our process and progress along the way of making our house into a home and on Monday the contractors began working!

I thought it would be a perfect time to show you what our house looks like now and give you some of the details! We purchased a 2 Bedroom + 1 Bath split level town home. It's a small space, so the term "Less is more" is the key as we move along. Our first thoughts were to make the home look as big as possible. Here is what we have currently...



This is how the house looked as of Monday morning. What we are doing is changing the paint color, knocking out the wall under the stairs (I'll tell you why soon), and changing the floors. In my next post I will show you all what we chose for each. In the mean time, I have been thinking about what type of light fixture to replace the current one in the dining room. I have a few choices so far, tell me which you like the best?

P.S. The walls will be a shade of gray and floors will be a walnut color  ( pictures and details in next post)


 
From left to right-
1.  Pendant light from West Elm
2.  Globe lights from West Elm
3.  Chandelier from Anthropologie
4. Chandelier from West Elm

8 comments:

  1. Im sure you are going to have so much fun!

    Mr. Goodwill Hunting

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just bought an older home and are in the process of remodeling as well. Our dining area and living room are one open room and we painted a light gray and refinished the original hardwoods and stained them dark...I believe the stain was called Jaco Bean. Sounds like we have similar taste in colors! Good luck!

    Be sure to check out my giveaway!
    www.lifeoftheliles.blogspot.com

    P.S. I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the West Elm one in the last picture!! I think it would be nice and keep the small space looking big and open... and you know me. anything beachy!

    Love you. Can't wait for our first glass of wine together in your new digs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the West Elm one in the last picture!! I think it would be nice and keep the small space looking big and open... and you know me. anything beachy!

    Love you. Can't wait for our first glass of wine together in your new digs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1 or 4

    So exciting decorating your home! I love stuff like that... look forward to the posts :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are all so incredibly wonderful! I can't wait to share all of our home journeys along the way with you!

    And CarrieJo thank you so much! I think you and I have the same taste too! Heading over to your blog now! Thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't believe we are finally doing it! Just waiting for the day it will be done and we can relax in our home! Your going to make it look great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh i love #4 :D super chic! can't wait to see more pics :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please be kind and God Bless =)