Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Style files..Modern Rustic

I hope you all are having a fantastic Tuesday so far and had a great weekend!

I was hoping to have a better update today, showing you our finished floors and a few more ideas to run by you, but we are fixing a few outlets around the house so everything is not quite ready for showing yet.

So, I thought it would be cool to show you what type of style we are going for in our home, mainly the living and dining area.

A while ago, I dubbed our style as "modern rustic." I really love the distressed look on furniture with yummy browns and ivory colors that go along with it....

These examples are from Restoration Hardware...









I love this faux moose head from ZGallerie ( well I love all of the faux animal heads from there) . I would love for this to be over my dining area wall .





The Challenge: finding these types of items/style on our not so Restoration Hardware budget, haha!
What do you think? What other type of style elements do you think work well with our look?

3 comments:

  1. Love every image! Don't forget color somewhere...walls, rugs, accessories oh my ;}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love neutrals...cant wait to see what you select.

    Mr. Goodwill Hunting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I definitely need to add some color, just need to find the right fit :) You guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please be kind and God Bless =)