Thursday, February 17, 2011

Easy Art for the home...

Happy Thursday!

Sorry there was no WILW post yesterday but I promise to make it up to you today and tell you what we were doing. We were adding pictures to our walls! As I have mentioned before, my hubby has started really following his passion for photography so I thought why not show it off! (I'm such a proud wife) We decided to start a "gallery wall" in our dining area. We only have 3 pictures so far, but I love the way it is turning out.

The Picture on the right was taken in San Francisco and printed on Canvas. The picture at the bottom was taken in Virgina City, NV. If you have ever been there, it's the train that takes you into the old gold mine ( we're mildly obsessed with old mining towns)



This was taken on a chilly night after dinner and a walk on the Seal Beach pier
(one of my favorites)

The two pictures not on canvas were printed at Costco for such a great deal! Only 9 bucks!

Okay, so here is where your help comes in! I want to add some other items to the wall. What do you think? I would love to incorporate something like the animal motif below from Restoration Hardware...



I have some brainstorming to do!




5 comments:

  1. The gallery looks wonderful! And those pictures are stunning! Have a beautiful weekend, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Those are great shots! I love that you guys went ahead and got one printed on canvas...I've always wanted to do that but it always seemed a little pricey. I really like your idea of adding 3dimensional "art" to the wall. You're off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gals!

    @Jennifer : The Shutterfly Canvas prints are pretty pricey, that size starts at 129.00. But if you try costco they do a great job at a much cheaper price =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These prints are gorgeous, Tia. Thanks for the tip on having prints made at Costco. I never considered Costco as an option. I have so many prints from Captiva Island, Florida, one of our favorite destinations. I want to have them printed. Now I know where to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sheila!! Costco really does rock =)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please be kind and God Bless =)