Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thursday Updates

Whoo! Today was such a beautiful day in Southern California - I guess this why it costs so much to live here right?!? HAHA!

We have been looking for a table to fit in our dining area. With the size of the area we can't really have a large table. My gorgeous mom had a great suggestion. She had been holding a table that I bought a while ago ( when I rented my first apartment in college) and she thought it would be a great idea if we used it. At first I was a bit hesitant. You know that feeling of purchasing a new home and wanting all new stuff?? Well, I quickly got over it and thought hmmm, this may actually work!

I bought the table and chairs from Ikea and very impressed at how well they have lasted. Here is how the table looks right now in our space: ( don't worry, the "art" wall isn't done yet)



Now my initial thought was to stain the table darker color, but as I look at it more and more I think this color may actually work! So for now we are going to keep it this color. Now the chairs? Yea, those have to go. It's been real chairs, but it's time for you all to make someone else happy =) SO, that's the next thing, finding chairs that fit well. I would love some "chunky " Chairs. The space is big enough that we can fit 4 larger chairs and it shouldn't look too crowded.

I like this style from Restoration Hardware



The Search begins...
Any Suggestions??


3 comments:

  1. Table looks great Sweets! Good decision on the colour! Chair shopping is so fun!! I'l keep my eye peeled! OXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great. I'm so excited that I found your blog. I'm completely following now, I hope you will as well. I started my blog a little over a month ago. It's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. Stop by for multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news. Would love your support. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!!! Oh and thanks or the new follow!! Heading to your site now ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please be kind and God Bless =)