Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday Gallery ...

It's a new week! I hope yours has started off well!

I have a little update on our gallery wall today. I told you here that I finally purchased an animal head to place on our wall. I purchased it from Cardboard Safari and it arrived very quickly, so of course I was anxious to hang it. 
Let me tell you; when they say "assembly required" that is an understatement....

The process...

Hard to believe it arrives in such a flat package! ( that's our white pumpkin in the background ) 

The directions. Yup, that's it. Now, I have to admit I am the kind of person who has to read directions, recipes, tutorials over and over again. I was a little nervous...

What did I get myself into?


Okay, now it's making a little more sense. Once you see that it's all numbered, it becomes easier to assemble. 


Coming along


Oh my, here comes the hard part. Those little tabs took a while and I had some left over which I don't think I should have. ( haha)


Finally!! The finished product

Time to place it on the wall! I was a little worried because it's cardboard and I wasn't sure how good it would look on the wall, but I am very pleased with how it turned out! What do you think?




I also added a yellow clock on the wall ( the 4 dollar Target clock ). Should I keep it there? Keep in mind the wall is not yet done. There are still a few things I would love to add. 

Would I ever buy a Cardboard Safari item again? ABSOLUTELY! I have my eye on the Rhino next =) 

So, do you like the one we chose? Do you like the placement?

See you all tomorrow with another update!









4 comments:

  1. You're wall looks good, all the images & items, but the placement is quite high. If you use a center line of the entire grouping at approximately 5'-6'ish,it will make a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such good advice, thank you! I was thinking of moving the clock to a differnt wall or even putting in the kitchen. I will defintely play with it a bit more and see how it turns out =)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please be kind and God Bless =)