Monday, February 6, 2012

Light Check!

Welcome back! How was your weekend? Did you have a good time watching the Super Bowl? Congrats Giant's fans =) 

We finally finished the light in the dining area! Remember here when I shared my idea of tweaking our dining are light? MB was so sweet and was totally game and I came home last week to the light already taken down and ready for me to get to work! 

Here is how the light looked before: 
A nice light, but not quite our taste


My Pin-spiration








The process was pretty simple. I started by wiping down the light, because it was so dusty.


I taped all of the parts I did not want painted, like the wires and the inside of the light sockets. 


 
I started spraying. I chose white simply because I know we both like the color.  I am a huge fan of white accessories & I think it fits our home. I thought about an "out of the box" color, but I wondered if I would tire of it in a few months, so white was our choice. 

After a few coats we have progress. I probably put about 5-7 coats all over, just to get good & crisp color. 


and here is it after it was nice and dry!


I loved it!! But I did not love the bulbs. I headed over to Target and purchased some 'teardrop" lights for about 4 bucks!

.. I love the way it turned out!



I think it makes the wall look so much better!



So, what do you think?? I would love your opinion! 

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! I would have gone with white also. It looks so fresh and inviting...your dining area is beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh! I love hoe that turned out! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the way that turned out! And love the pic of that whole room, especially the wall collage!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please be kind and God Bless =)