Thursday, March 8, 2012

The New Table!

I am so happy I am able to post this tonight! I finally got my camera card to work on the computer. 
You really don't want me to tell you why it wasn't working ( it's pretty embarrassing ) ...

 A little earlier I told you about the day we checked out new places. One of the places that we decided to check out was Habitat For Humanity. There is actually one close to our home and so many of our friends insisted we visit. If you are familiar with Habitat, you know they are a non-profit organization that builds homes for those in need. In addition there are also a few stores in various cities that are primarily donation only and sell these items for great prices. The proceeds are then used to help those who need it most. { Supporting causes that are so great in our nation }...

Once we entered the store, we were immediately surprised and so looking forward to finding some pretty neat items. There were tables, chairs, rugs, doors, appliances....you name it, they had it! Some things were vintage and some were brand new ( like a couple of subzero refrigerators!!) ... As we were searching through the store I saw this table. This perfect sized white table that I loved at first site. At first, I didn't think it was for sale since there were other items on top of it, but then I saw the little orange sticker that said..wait for it... $15.00!!!  

Yea, I said the same thing. I sprinted walked to the front and asked a volunteer ( yea I know, that is so great rightt! volunteers!). She sure enough said, yes it's for sale and I could have it..... SO we loaded up MB's truck and took this yummy thing home..( We actually had to run home & change cars



I LOVE the way it looks in our dining area!


It does need a bit of sprucing up, but in the mean time I love it =) 

Here is the way the dining area looked before


And here it after...


What do you think? Do you like our find?
Don't worry, we didn't get rid of the other table... More on that soon!
( I'm actually typing on it now )






5 comments:

  1. What a great find! I was told 2 days ago that there is a Habitat store really close to my home. Planning on going there this weekend as I'm looking for a rectangle table for my kitchen; hopefully drop leaf. Then I want to add a bench/window seat for storage and to save space.
    I'm a new follower and found you via, Home to Three Duncan Boys, I'd love if you'd follow back. Also, love if you'd share your new find at my linky party Frugal Treasures Tuesday. Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much your follow! Heading over to your blog now =) I hope you find something wonderful at Habitat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tia, I'm so sorry but your link was for last weeks party; its now closed and your link is gone. Could you please go back and link again on Frugal Treasure Tuesday #2! So sorry for the mix up and I've made changes to make finding it easier. The one in the top tab now has a link at top of page which will take you to the present party. Thanks so much for your patience. I'm still learning! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv! Def enjoyed reading this post!!i am LOVING the whole look of this area of yours!!! very very nice and the colors go very well together!

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please be kind and God Bless =)