Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Under the Stairs...

Welcome back everyone!

We're back from our mini-vaca & ready to get back into the swing of things.

I can finally show you all, our little space under the stairs. When we first purchased this home, the space was a closet. Some people would probably think we are nuts by getting rid of a closet! Our home is only two bedrooms, MB & I both have extra things besides our 9 to 5 job and we really needed a small office space. With my Etsy shop and MB's photography, a small area that is not in our bedroom was a good idea!

Here's a reminder of what the space looked like when we bought our home:
{ I can't believe how far we've come =)  }


And here is how it looked after we opened the space:


And now we added a desk! Actually it's not really a desk, but our old dining area table. It's actually a perfect fit:


right now it's kind of boring, so I added a couple of pretty things for now:


The flowers were literally one dollar a bunch ( silk ) and the lamp is from Ikea. I love that industrial look so I'm pretty sure the lamp will stay. I will most likely move it to the other side...


I need to find a new home for the mason jars I painted, but for now this is where they will stay. 
I ,eventually, would love the space to look fun and inviting like this example found on Pinterest from Apartment Therapy... { one of many } 







What do you think about our space? What would you do in a space like this?

6 comments:

  1. I love what you've done. But I wonder if you painted the table it might fit in better? Maybe white (or whatever color the trim on the doorway is). Wish I had a lil nook like this! NY living...*sigh* LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We actually do plan to paint it, but that's the hubby's zone haha! Someday soon we may paint the whole house again... How funny about New York, my brother attended school there and I know what you mean =)

      Delete
  2. This is such a cute little area you have under the stairs. I love what you've done to the space so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brandi! Hopefully we paint soon and I can do more to the area =)

      Delete
  3. This turned out so nice! Thanks again for the heads up on the no comment status too!

    Nikki @ the ambitious procrastinator

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nikki!! No problem at all :)

      Delete

I love comments! Please be kind and God Bless =)