Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Weekend Projects...

It's Tuesday already! Did you all enjoy the weekend? We have been so blessed to enjoy some beautiful weather the past few days here in So Cal. A nice change from the rain!

MB  & I decided to use the great weekend to catch up on a few DIY projects we had been wanting to tackle. ( I love that my hubby loves this stuff and is so supportive )
 We wanted to :

1. Re-finish the table we bought at Habitat for Humanity ( $15.00)
2. Finally do some DIY art projects for our canvases we have yet to tackle.
3. Paint the inside of our french doors in the dining area

Well two out of those three things were at least started haha & today I will show you the DIY Chevron Art I attempted.

Remember here when I shared with you some of the ideas I wanted to try? I decided for one of them I would attempt the chevron pattern in yellow to add to our bathroom. I know I have yet to really show you our bathroom but I will soon :)

I started by taking my ruler, pen ( I learned from my mistake and will always use pencil from now on) , painters tape and tutorial. I marked each section with my ruler so I new where to place my tape. I would suggest using decent quality tape, so it won't tear too easily.


As you can see its a bit off center so I had to move some tape around... but I didn't take pics of that, oops!

I laid the canvas outside over painters paper and began to spray paint yellow. I put about three coats as evenly as possible, letting each coat sit for about 15 mins.


And here is the finished product... I'm pleased, with this being my first try and once I frame it I think it will look better. I definitely want to try again and next time I'll use more colors and pay more attention to straight lines.
What do you think? As always, I love and value your opinions!




Next up...more canvas art & The revamped table....
Stay tuned!







14 comments:

  1. Such a crafty craftsman. Proud of you babe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love and more LOVE! Way to kick some serious chevron booty Tia! xx Nat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job! I think you did really well. I'm always chicken when it comes to drawing all those lines and keeping them straight. I applaud you! : ) Just wanted to check in with you as I hadn't made it by in a while. I'd love if you'd link your chevron painting to my Frugal Treasure Tuesday party this week. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Barbe! Thanks so much and I will definitely will stop by tomorrow!

      Delete
  4. wow, these are amazing. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my resort style post. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that's cool!
    Following you back from http://kotonahandmade.blogspot.com.au!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your follow! I saw your profile on Etsy yesterday =)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful art! Love the yellow! Can't wait to see your bathroom reveal. :-) I'm now following and look forward to seeing more of your creative projects!
    Sharla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharla! Thanks so much! Heading over to your blog now =)

      Delete
  7. I love it! Your style is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear and keep kicking butt with your hubby!

      Delete

I love comments! Please be kind and God Bless =)