Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Lentil Salad

Hey Everyone! 

Since being back from vacation I have been itching to get back to the gym and eating healthy again. I mean I love Maui, but it loved my waistline a little too much! So, this week Mike and I resumed our workouts and I've been trying to keep a healthy eating schedule. 

A few years ago I tried a vegan diet and I really liked it. I don't know why I stopped really other than just not being consistent I guess. I would love to eventually get back to that ( Now, I don't think it's wrong to eat certain animals, I just think that the Vegan diet works for me ). I searched around Pinterest for a few new recipes and I came across this yummy one for a Lentil Salad... I tried it out and Loved it! 

I modified mine a bit and didn't add hazelnuts, because I don't like them LOL and I didn't make a paste. I actually made more of a dressing and it was awesome! Instead of mashing the salt, oregano & oil together, I just stirred together and poured over the lentils. 

2 teaspoons fresh oregano
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 cups cooked lentils
1-2 ripe avocados, quartered
1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped
1/4 cup minced chives



I liked this so much that I made the salad again, but I tried it with smaller, black Lentils and it was just as good! 
( I have a slight avocado problem, so if it looks like alot, it is )







1 comment:

  1. mmm...this looks amazing! We love avocado so this is going on the list for next week's meal prep!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please be kind and God Bless =)