Tuesday, December 3, 2013

[ Christmas Decorating ]

Well, it's officially December and The Christmas countdown has begun. This year, Mike and I have so much to be thankful for and we are really feeling the spirit of Christmas. Last year was a bit tough for us as we gave birth to our son and had to stay in the NICU for a while, but this year we are so blessed to celebrate with the babes! God has truly shown us how real He is and this year we are even more aware of what this season is all about, Jesus. 

So, this year I really wanted to start early with decorating and just getting that " Christmas" feeling and keeping just a bit longer. I bought a pretty banner from Target and I decided to DIY another one. Of course I sourced Pinterest until my eyes were blue. I decided on downloading a bunting flag template and create my own wall decor. 

I used a free template I found online, but you can use anyone. There are a bunch of templates on Pinterest, like the one here. I just used my Word program, placed two on a page, added my letters to the center and printed them out using my home printer. I printed them on 100 lb card-stock paper, but any weight will do. I find card-stock just looks better and brighter. I then took some push pins I purchased at the dollar store, wrapped some twine around and pushed them into the wall. It was really simple and took about 15 mins. ( I tried to make it into a Christmas tree shape , ha! ). 

Oh, I had the twine laying around, but you can find it anywhere, I purchased ours from Home Depot. 

..and here it is! What do you think?







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please be kind and God Bless =)