Friday, February 28, 2014

[ A Gallery Wall for Dex ]

So, we finally started a gallery wall in Declan's room. I know, 14 months after he was born but better late than never! He had a blank wall opposite his crib and I had to make some time to at least start a project.

This is how the wall looked before:
Very bare. I placed a couple of canvas chalkboards I used for his first birthday to add something but as you can see it looks totally wonky. The wall is a bit too long for a only a couple of things so I set out to make a gallery wall.


Here is how the space looks now. I want to add a couple of more items, but I like the way it's turning out.



Here is another angle including his rocking chair ( totally came in handy when Dex was itty bitty) 


I used prints I designed from our shop 


I ended up adding one of the chalkboards to the wall.  ( because chalk in a toddler's room is always fun )



I moved the arrows from Red Dutch Door to the wall to give it something different.



Then I added a fun picture of Dex on the swing



I added this post card from Pixels & Playbooks. I'll eventually frame it but until then, I like where it is.


The below two came with the set. These, I'll place in our room once I get to it LOL!



What do you think? Do you like what we did so far?






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please be kind and God Bless =)