Monday, June 9, 2014

California Dreamin'

It's no secret that I'm a California girl, a southern CA girl to be exact. Born and raised, left once, came back. My hubby and I were born here, went to college in So Cal and we plan to raise our family here. So needless to say I love that California Cool decorating style. Since things with Declan have become a little easier to manage ( read more about that here ) MB and I thought it would be a great time to spruce up the house again.

With me being a stay at home mom, we are on a strict budget so, many projects we will take on ourselves. Thank God I have a handy hubby =) Naturally I've been searching Pinterest, design sites & design blogs for inspiration. I also have some thoughts of my own, but that will come in due time. I've finally reached a point in Dex's room where I feel like it's almost done. I've updated his gallery wall and I'm thinking about replacing his bassinet that I currently use for toy storage with a Tee Pee or something to play in. Here is a another picture of the gallery wall from this previous post 


I like it so far, and I don't think I'll need to change it any time soon.

So with his room being good so far, I want to focus on the living room & Dining area. We live in a town home so space is quite limited. Here some inspiration photos that I found & that I think would help brighten up our space >> Click on each photo for the source

I love the dark wood and the bright colors in this space 


I love that plant! I'm just not sure if that is smart with an 18 month old roaming around lol! ><


I saw this poster and I immediately fell in love with it. MUST. FIND. IT.




That's all for now. Of course as things change around here I will share with you. The first change may be the "office' area under the stairs.... Stay tuned!






1 comment:

  1. nice post and great pictures. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please be kind and God Bless =)