Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Simple Summer Salad


Hey guys! 

Lately I have been paying close attention to what I put in my body. Mainly, I've been trying to eliminate sugar and "bad" carbs from my diet. I still have lots of unwanted pregnancy weight and working out wasn't enough. I needed a huge diet change. I started realizing how much sugar I was eating and I needed to change. 

Pinterest has been a huge help in finding great low carb/low sugar recipes. I've also been very conscious about reading labels. Just because something says "organic" or "natural" or even whole wheat does not make it automatically healthy. Each week I've been choosing a new healthy lunch option ( after eating eggs for breakfast ) and also a lean dinner option. This weeks lunch is super super simple to make and It tastes awesome!  

Avocado & Feta Salad

I've seen this floating around Pinterest but I didn't follow a recipe for mine. I literally just threw it together




My version ( one serving )

1/2 fresh tomato 
1/2 Avocado
1/3 red onion
A table spoon of fresh deli feta cheese 

Pepper, if needed ( I did not add salt since the feta is already salty ) 

Mix together and let it sit in the fridge for about 20-30 mins and it's perfect! If you can't eat it right away you may want to add the Avocado right before you indulge. 

It's also a great base to add a meat if you choose. 

It's so good!! Really , it's so good. 

If you are vegan or lactose intolerant you can also skip the cheese or make your own feta version using tofu. Here's a quick recipe from Food.com 


Enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please be kind and God Bless =)